Our 'Best Practice' guide.
A new keg is required, with a clean cloth and spray sanitiser, wipe the new surface clean.
Soak and scrub beer taps.
Full line clean, plus
- Soak and scrub couplers
- Non return valves on drop leads.
Thorough clean of the coolroom, including:
- Fobs (cellarboys)
- Coolroom walls, floor & ceiling..
- We recommend weekly tap cleaning, they sit in the ambient temperature, perfect conditions for bacteria.
- Add approximately 20mL of multi-enzymatic Beer Line Cleaner (BLC) per 1 Litre of hot water into food grade bucket.
- Soak the taps in the multi-enzymatic BLC for minimum 30 minutes.
- Alternate each week with the taps in the ‘open’ and ‘closed’ position, so the multi-enzymes clean all areas of the tap.
- Recommend using a small brush to give a light clean on the inside of the tap.
- Flush thoroughly with potable (tap) water.
- Recommend using protective gloves when placing your hand in the bucket, so the enzymes don’t affect your skin and the water is hot.
- Recommend wearing safety glasses to avoid any product splashing in your eyes. If this does occur, flush your eyes out thoroughly with potable water.
- We have validated our solution at 6 weeks frequency, however some of clients elect to clean monthly and 8 weekly.
- For more specific information on line cleaning, there are SOP (safe operating procedures) and guides in our downloads page.